2. Coenzyme Q10 is a quinone, which is a substance that helps provide energy to cells in all
oxygen breathing organisms. Researchers first discovered coenzyme Q10 in 1957, and first
named it ubiquinone,because it was a quinone that was found in every cell of the body
In Japan, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Israel, and Canada, CoQ10 is treated as a prescription drug,
and is widely prescribed by physicians to treat congestive heart failure. In the United States,
CoQ10 is considered a natural supplement and is available over-the-counter.
1. Lowers high blood pressure.
2. May reduce the side effects of chemotherapy.
3. Stimulates the immune system.
4. Increases tissue oxygenation.
5. Has anti-aging properties due to it's antioxidant activity.
6. May enhance athletic performance (not all studies have found this).
7. Has neuroprotective effects.
1. Coenzyme Q10 is mainly used for improving adult periodontitis not only as a sole treatment but also in combination with traditional nonsurgical periodontal therapy.
2. Coenzyme Q10 is applied in cosmetics to slow the aging process.
3. Coenzyme Q10 is used in nutrtion supplement, healthy foods and beverage.